The Green Investment Group (GIG) has today published its first Progress Report following the privatisation of the UK Green Investment Bank Ltd. The Report provides an overview of GIG activity since its creation in August 2017.
The Report has been published to coincide with the inaugural Macquarie Green Investment Group Green Energy Conference in London, expected to be attended by 500 stakeholders.
The Report details GIG’s progress in the pursuit of its green mission – to accelerate the global green energy transition. Highlights from GIG’s first year of operations include:
- Over £1.6 billion of capital invested or arranged for projects which meet GIG’s green mission;
- 10 new green transactions including: waste-to-energy in the UK, onshore wind in Sweden, solar in India, offshore wind in the UK and onshore wind in the United States;
- GIG’s reach expanded from the UK to Europe and into Asia and North America, this includes the creation of new development platforms to support further investment in solar;
- GIG’s investment activity extended into development stage investing;
- Arrangement of one of the world’s longest and largest wind-backed corporate power purchase agreements, and;
- Launch of a suite of new advisory services to support the growth of the global green economy.
The report also includes detailed green impact reporting and details of GIG’s approach to monitoring, assessing and reporting on green impact.
GIG’s progress and impact will be one of the topics of discussion throughout the Green Energy Conference which brings together GIG’s team, with other green investment leaders. A further GIG stakeholder event will be held in Edinburgh in November.
"It’s been an outstanding inaugural year for the Green Investment Group. We’ve expanded our global footprint, developed innovative investment solutions and continued to support the technologies which will remain a driving force behind the global energy transition.
While we expand our global reach alongside the scope of expertise and services we offer, our role remains simple and unchanged – we want to make new green energy projects happen.
Our first Progress Report demonstrates our commitment to reporting on our activities as we pursue our mission and bring our exciting pipeline of projects to reality."
Global Head of Green Investment Group
Download the 2018 GIG Progress Report